Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 @18 Preston

We were super excited for our first Halloween in the new house and it did not disappoint.  We had about thirty or so trick-or-treaters, and they were all so polite and had great costumes!  It would be creepy to take photos of other people's kids - so you'll have to look through our decor (which fell under our cheap and easy project list) and costumes! 

Below is the broom I made! The lights are red Christmas Lights, the skeleton was an old decoration we had, and we purchased the mums and pumpkin with coupons and discounts.


A Dining Room Art Update.  This was FREE.  I used leftover black scrapbook paper and
 printed free Halloween printables I found here onto card stock from the stash.



The Spiders on magnets were a Pinterest inspired project found on the 
blog Delia Creates.  They were a huge success.

The window shadows were probably my favorite. I found these on Better Home and Garden website. The templates were free and I only needed to buy the black poster board.  I loved how they looked back lit with lamps.  I don't have pictures, but the kitchen window had Frankenstein and Dracula. 


 And the Costumes!  Matt was Abraham Lincoln the Vampire Hunter.  The shirt was a Marshall's purchase, just so he wouldn't mess up his nice white french cuff shirt at the Halloween party we went to on Saturday night.  The hat was $12 at a costume shop, bow tie was also purchased at Marshall's and everything else we had!  The rather large wood stake was in the garden holding up my tomatoes this summer - it's bloodied up with a red sharpie.  It's big because we needed something proportioned to Matt, he's tall without a top hat.


And I apparently chose one of the most popular adult costumes of 2012.  There were two others at the party we went to!  I can't say any of us was better than the other, but if we pooled all our items together, it would have made a great Katniss Everdeen.  I do need to point out, I was the only one with the braid.  Which you can't see in this photo.  Bummer.


And that folks is Halloween 2012 at 18 Preston.  Next up - Thanksgiving! Which is my favorite Holiday next to the 4th of July.  Let the planning begin.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Halloween art switcheroo! That's one of my favorite affordable holiday decorations, and I'm doing it again for Christmas, too.

    Great costumes! I've read both of those books and I always get excited when people go as my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete