Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pinterest Project: Kitchen Curtains

I grew up in a super rural town and we never necessarily needed curtains.  Now that we're in a real neighborhood, and we're on a corner lot it's become a necessity.  But curtains are expensive! We bought them for the Living Room from Target - because the fabric would have cost more if I were to make them.  And the Dining Room ones were a $15 find at Marshall's.

For the Kitchen, I saw a very simple tutorial for curtains and decided to try it.



I made a few changes - I lined them because of the white fabric I bought, and I used a sewing machine.

I found this organic cotton fabric on Etsy!

Source: etsy.com via Miss on Pinterest

Kitchen without curtains:


And now we have Curtains!


They really were super simple!  I'll probably use the same method for the bedrooms upstairs.
Have you tacked your own curtains before? I have a more intricate type that I want for my craft room, but the fabirc I got is so pretty (and a bit of a splurge) that I'm afraid I'll mess up - so the fabrics been sitting in the closet since January.

6 comments:

  1. these are fabulous...great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous curtains! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I wanted to follow yours, but I couldn't find the "Join" button.
    Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! and for coming back to find me after I fixed the problem.

      Delete
  3. Nice curtains! I really like your practical and inspiring posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comments! We're hoping to post more! We're currently on a mission to do all free projects in the house - so those should be very practical!

      Delete