Sticking to our free and cheap project goals though, we're picked out several budget friendly decor ideas.
- Googly eyes - seen on bhg.com
- Window Shadows, also seen on bhg.com - we're aiming for a "Ghoul and Goblin Party" appearance (I refuse to scare little kids)
- Magnetic Spiders on the doors
- Black Pumpkins - via chalk board paint
- The good old - broom and with hat sitting on the coat hook at the front door (enhanced with a pirate hat and sword also hung up)
- Possibly some yard graves and a wheel barrel full of dirt and bones
Hopefully we'll find time for all of this to happen and not get our hopes up for just a few kids.
What are your plans for Halloween this year? Will you go all out? Are you dressing up?!
A tutorial really isn't needed. Pick pumpkin, paint two coats for chalk board paint, let cure, draw faces. (Just don't use a sugar pumpkin. This little guy rotted out in about a week - the regular ones last for months)
We've also started the hunt for our costumes - Matt is growing out his beard to be Abraham Lincoln the vampire slayer, and I already got my bow and quiver for my Katniss costume.