Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Dude's Pinterest

What's that over there? A rabbit hole? And's what's down there in the rabbit hole? thisiswhyimbroke.com? Well let's look down this rabbit hole and see what we can find.

Three hours later, I find myself writing a blog post.

So it turn's out, Pinterest is a great way to store stuff that you find on the interweb. I mean, world wide net. I mean... you get the idea.I personally think I'm really good at using the internet, but not with the social aspects. There isn't a single person I would ask a question to instead of the internet. And I mean real questions, like "Why does my super computer crash when I'm trying rebuild my corridor with custom subassemblies and multiple offset and profile targets in AutoCAD Civil 3D?" not real questions like "What do you think our babies are going to look like?" I save those for my deepest, well-thought-out, depths of ...a pint glass.
But while I was exploring thisiswhyimbroke.com, I found a lot of thing that would be fun to look at again. Usually in this case, I would leave 15 pages open on my Google chrome so I could refer to them on my computer, iPad, or iPhone. (Sync Tabs Across Devices - Google Chrome Help) After everything I've heard Meg brag about, and notice myself quite a bit, it turns out Pinterest is really good for this. So I hope you check out my page, pinterest.com/mkearney028, and let me know what you think.

I've created 8 boards so far and I'm pretty sure there's more to be made. I've tried to cover For The HomeWish ListInspirationFoodI Can't Believe This ExistsKiddosFor The WifeyOutdoorsyish.


It's been an interesting experience saving everything that I've looked at and keeping it ready for the occasion it's been assigned. I even figured out how to create a secret board to save things I want to buy for Meg (shhh....don't tell her, she's pretty stubborn about technology, so she'll never figure out how to get to my secret boards, even on our home computer.)

I can really look at this as a to-do list because there are so many ideas. This kind of segues into my next blog.


I started a Google Doc so Meg and I can share our house projects with a cloud based format. I want to shoot out the details so we can get some suggestions to make it better. I've got a few ideas already, but there's always room for improvement. Hopefully I can get that out tomorrow so I can incorporate any suggestions quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment