Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let the painting begin

The first day we woke up in our new home was January 1, 2012; how awesome is that?!
We wasted no time and headed out to Home Depot after breakfast.

Mission One: paint living room (I know Matt gave you a sneak peak in the past post about mounting a TV on the wall!)

We love paint samples and brought home a tan and cream color to try on the walls in the living room.


Sorry about the terrible iphone photo!  I love the iphone, but indoor photos at night is a weak point.
We went with the Behr Ultra Premium Paint color matched to Behr Cozy Cottage.


These progress photos are much better! and much truer to the color.  My preferred painting method: two coats of cutting in, then two coats of rolling.  Matt jumped in for most of the rolling - I find that part the most exhausting!


And here are some completed photos!  I really need to get better at photographing inside spaces - something to work on.  This house in a 1920s bungalow style.  We love that the majority of the house has it's original dark stained woodwork and we intend to keep it that way.  While jumping around Pinterest I've found it diffucilt to find inspiration with natural wood trim - everyone paints it white.  In the living room our goal with the paint color was to keep warm undertones and just lighten the walls - alot! from what they were.  We're pretty happy so far!  Tomorrow I'll share the curtains we just got to add the airy feeling we're missing here.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new blogs! Adding this one to my feed. :-)

    I think you should do a house tour, because I'm seeing some pretty cool character and I want to see what else you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful house. Just my style -- real woodwork and lots of character! Our house was built in 1902.

    Stopping by from Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete