Wednesday, April 9, 2014
2014 Goals Update
The first three months of 2014 have come and gone. And I'm completely fine with that because they have been COLD! I know winters are cold and snowy in New England, but I feel like the winter of 2014 was colder for a longer period of time and I think everyone is ready for sun, warmth, and good old New England humidity!
I wanted to do a three month check in on our goals. Mostly to keep us accountable, but to share in case you follow our blog and are curious. You'll see we haven't made progress on everything, but I'm OK with that. We've been through some "stuff" these past three months that I'd categorize as "big life stuff." And through it all, we're still standing and happy, and that's an accomplishment that I'm very proud of. Add to that the goals we were able to start and I'd say we're going to have a very strong 2014.
18 Preston Goals
- Complete our exterior painting project - We're still waiting on the weather. Hopefully we'll get started mid to late April.
- Hire an electrician (and our first official contractor) - Another item waiting on the weather. We haven't tackled many big home improvement projects in these first few months of 2014.
- Share 52 blog posts this year (anyone notice the little face lift!) - We've been pretty slow on this one, but have lots of great ideas in the pipeline. Now is just time and motivation to share them with all of you!
- Complete an obstacle race - Hasn't signed up yet, but boot camp starts soon!
- Finish a basement overhaul - Began the planning phase. Once it warms up and we can move items to the garage for staging during the basement overhaul we'll get started on the execution phase.
- Have our first Tag Sale - Another item waiting on that warm weather, but we're super excited for a yard sale to purge!
- Workout every weekend - Been on a few runs, but again, the weather the beginning of 2014 hasn't been very motivating.
- Practice Yoga - Excited to stay this is on track. Got off to a slow start, but now that I "get it" I practice 2-3 times per week.
- Finish converting the upstairs room to a craft/office space - Excited to also confirm this is pretty much done! Some small items are left, but for the most part the room is completely redone and functioning as a beautiful crafting space.
- Have our first Yard Sale (for those of your who didn't grow up in Connecticut) - Another item waiting on that warm weather, but we're super excited for a yard sale to purge!
- Workout every weekend - This didn't start in January, but my yoga practice has me at the yoga studio every weekend and now that nice weather is starting to peek out here and there we've managed a few long neighborhood walks.