In the spirit of blogging about real stuff, ugly or pretty, let's all get ourselves in check, know that those homes on Pinterest weren't built in a day, and get on the free/cheap project band wagon.
Here is the plan: make a list of every free/cheap project you can get done in your home. Projects you've purchased materials for that have sat unfinished are allowed as long as your either not spending anything, or only your predetermined "cheap budget" to finish it. Our predetermined "cheap budget" is about $40 for the month. After you've made said list, Git-er-done!
18 Preston's Free & Cheap Projects
- Update Dining Room Gallery Art - DONE
- Paint guest bedroom (paint left over from old apartment)
- Install front door bell (parts purchased in January)
- Install new house numbers and update mailbox (purchased new numbers in January, $6 for spray paint) - DONE
- Paint canoe in porch (spent $4 on paint pot sample to use)
- Make craft room curtains (fabric purchased in February)
- Finish mud room (have wood and paint) - DONE
- Use old Groupon to order a gallery frame!
- Select photos for wedding album (yes, still not done, 3 year anniversary is in August)
You're welcome to link up your lists or completed projects below. Grab a button and follow along.